Wednesday 21 July 2010

"The Artful Dodger"



Often do I reminisce about the days when a bus fare was a meagre 40 pence and even so I thought I was being ripped off, now journeys are £2.00, ironic.

In all of TFL's efforts to rip us off all they have achieved is to have given rise to a new generation of skilled free-rider, also ironic.

The resultant of increasing the price of the derived demand that is known as transport is a breed of commuter who reserve special place in my heart for simply not paying any fares.

Now I won't reveal all the details and intricacies of this masterful art at risk of reprisals from readers of this blog who engage in similar activities, however I'll give some advice that has worked for my.. many I know.

On the train: Inspectors may be fearful of waking a rough looking stranger, so next time you travel make sure you are wearing that old T-Shirt that you now use to clean the bathroom floor and get cosy in a corner. There is always risk however, that you may have encountered a more diligent breed of train inspector and if this is the case, simply begin foaming at the mouth and shouting expletives, you should be left well alone.

Lifestyle advice from Michael.

1 comment:

  1. I saw a link to this blog on TSR and I have to say it is very entertaining! Keep up the good work (:

    ReplyDelete